Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fast recipe I found in an old school cookbook. I like to make this in the summer because it doesn't heat up the kitchen.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 dash paprika
- Cube potatoes into 1/2" chunks.
- Melt butter on high for 30 seconds in a microwave safe dish (2L).
- Add in onions and potatoes and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper dill and paprika.
- Cover and microwave at full power 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
I forgot the onion, but I didn't miss it. I almost think the butter is overkill, but it does add a great flavor. I recommend checking for doneness after 5 minutes or so, because microwaves vary so much. Thanks for posting!
OMG These were crazy good!! Made it just as the recipe stated except I didn't have an onion, so I added a smidge of onion powder... Wouldn't change a thing! Thanks so much!!
Very easy. I used oregano instead of dill. I forgot the cheese and they were great and it cut the calories and fat! I used chopped frozen onion from the grocery store, just put it with the butter to thaw it. I used the "Potato" button on the microwave for the number of potatoes I used, worked great. I did stop it 1/2 way and shook them in the dish with the plastic wrap still on.