Recipe by mums the word
A fast recipe I found in an old school cookbook. I like to make this in the summer because it doesn't heat up the kitchen.
Top Review by Chocolatl
I forgot the onion, but I didn't miss it. I almost think the butter is overkill, but it does add a great flavor. I recommend checking for doneness after 5 minutes or so, because microwaves vary so much. Thanks for posting!
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube potatoes into 1/2" chunks.
- Melt butter on high for 30 seconds in a microwave safe dish (2L).
- Add in onions and potatoes and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper dill and paprika.
- Cover and microwave at full power 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.