Recipe by Barb G.
This easy to make recipe cooked in the microwave. Serve with boiled tiny new red potatoes and green beans. The recipe comes from Diabetic Cooking.
Top Review by chia
this is so easy to make and the pork chops came out very tender, moist and juicy. i used a fresh granny smith apple, i didn't have dried. and didn't use honey, i thought it was sweet enough as is. great weeknight meal, thanks.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup dried apple
- 4 (3 ounce) pork chops
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat 8x8-inch microwavable glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place 1 1/2 cups slaw mix in baking dish, distributing evenly; sprinkle 1/4 cup of the dried apples over the slaw, Then place pork chops on top of slaw-apple layer; Repeat with the remaining 1 1/2 cups slaw then 1/4 cup apples, sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Pour broth over meat and vegetables; cover with 9-inch square of waxed paper and microwave on high for 30 minutes (if microwave has no-turntable,turn casserole every 7 or 8 minutes),Remove dish from microwave and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve each chop topped with cabbage and apple mixture, Drizzle each serving with1/2 teaspoon honey top with a pinch of cinnamon.