Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
Quick and Easy. Makes one serving so each individual can flavor their popcorn any way they want.
- 3 tablespoons unpopped popcorn, kernals
Parmesan Garlic Topping
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Kettle Corn Topping
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place popcorn kernals in a brown paper bag, fold over twice and pop for 2-4 min in microwave.
- Add topping of choice.
- Shake it up and throw out the bag when done.
I LOVE this method! Who would have thought you could put popcorn kernels into a paper bag and come out with perfect popcorn?! I have always loved microwave popcorn for the convenience, BUT hated the artificial ingredients and the amt. of salt in them. So, I usually air pop the popcorn or pop in a pot. This version gives me the quickness and convenience of microwave popcorn without the unwanted ingredients! I tried it with the parmesan garlic topping. The only thing I would change is to dump the popcorn in a bowl first, then add a little butter (instead of oil) and the rest of the toppings. I found that trying to mix it in the bag, the oil and toppings seemed to coat only the top layer. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!!
My kids love the kettle corn, I use icing (powdered) sugar. Thanks for posting!
I tried the taco and really liked the flavors.