Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A twist on the old rice krispie treats...with POPCORN!! Easy and delicious. I like to wrap in colored plastic wrap to match the season or occasion!
- 3 quarts popcorn, popped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (20 ounce) bag marshmallows
- food coloring (optional)
- Put the popped popcorn in a large bowl or pan; set aside.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high until butter is melted, about 30-45 seconds.
- Add marshmallows.
- Microwave on high until marshmallows look puffy, about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes.
- Stir to completely melt marshmallows. Add food coloring if using.
- Now pour melted marshmallows over the popcorn and mix carefully until the popcorn is coated.
- Butter your hands to protect them from the heat and shape into balls.
- Wrap each ball in plastic wrap until ready to eat!
This was a great recipe which I made with my neices who loved getting their hands into it and shaping the popcorn balls. I will definitely make this often as it's easy and quick and the kids loved it. I also added sprinkles to it to make it more fun and colorful.
These are simple, easy to make, and taste good. I was going to let my grandkids help me make these, but I couldn't wait. I'm glad I did them myself - they are soooo sticky to make into balls! Fun recipe. Thanks for sharing.