A twist on the old rice krispie treats...with POPCORN!! Easy and delicious. I like to wrap in colored plastic wrap to match the season or occasion!
- Put the popped popcorn in a large bowl or pan; set aside.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high until butter is melted, about 30-45 seconds.
- Add marshmallows.
- Microwave on high until marshmallows look puffy, about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes.
- Stir to completely melt marshmallows. Add food coloring if using.
- Now pour melted marshmallows over the popcorn and mix carefully until the popcorn is coated.
- Butter your hands to protect them from the heat and shape into balls.
- Wrap each ball in plastic wrap until ready to eat!