1/1 Photo of Microwave Polenta for Two
Heirloom Tomato's Note:
This recipe is so fast and easy you can serve polenta as a side dish any time. When it is done cooking, you can swirl in one or more additional flavor builders such as a tablespoon of butter, a tablespoon or two of parmesan cheese, chopped chives, fresh-ground pepper, or a tablespoon or two of half-and-half. This makes two generous servings with no leftovers.
My Private Note
- 1Place polenta, water and salt in a 2-quart bowl.
- 2Microwave on high for eight minutes, then stir.
- 3If the polenta is not thick enough, return to microwave for two more minutes.
- 4Add flavoring ingredients to suit you and your meal, such as butter, grated parmesan, pepper, fresh chives, and a little cream.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Polenta for Two
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 308.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g