Recipe by Sergio & Dorothy G Perozzo
This is an easier way to make Polenta Microwave Polenta Use microwave.With 700 or more power. microwave safe container, (round is better) Ratio.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (less salt required if using soup base)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (optional) or 1 tablespoon thyme (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- You may have to adjust ratio, depending on altitude and or type of flour.
- I use a Pyrex round unit with lid, large enough to hold (7) seven cups water and (2) two cups cornmeal flour, Mix flour with water and salt , and microwave at f ull power for 22 to 26 minutes, (depending on power and quantity) stopping to stir every five to six minutes.
- You can substitute some broth or milk, not too much milk or it may boil over.
- Makes 2-3 servings (2 with some leftovers).