Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easier way to make Polenta Microwave Polenta Use microwave.With 700 or more power. microwave safe container, (round is better) Ratio.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (less salt required if using soup base)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (optional) or 1 tablespoon thyme (optional)
- You may have to adjust ratio, depending on altitude and or type of flour.
- I use a Pyrex round unit with lid, large enough to hold (7) seven cups water and (2) two cups cornmeal flour, Mix flour with water and salt , and microwave at f ull power for 22 to 26 minutes, (depending on power and quantity) stopping to stir every five to six minutes.
- You can substitute some broth or milk, not too much milk or it may boil over.
- Makes 2-3 servings (2 with some leftovers).
This was easy and came out great. I'd never made polenta before and the standard recipes with continuous stirring required didn't encourage me to try. This was a snap.
I am so embarrassed and ashamed.:( Started making this recipe in 2004. It is now a staple in my house.Have passed it on to friends and family. Just referred it to a fellow ZAAR'r. I can only give it 5 stars here, but know it is enjoyed by many. Thanks so much for sharing.
Great!!!!! Soooo simple to make!!! You can't tell the difference from the slower cooking version. After it was cooked I mixed in fresh diced basil and poured into a baking dish to cool, then cut it into squares and grilled. MMMMMmmmm.