1/29 Photos of Microwave Poached Eggs
I have been poaching eggs in the microwave for many years. For me this is the best way to prepare poached eggs for 2. It is quick, easy and almost foolproof. Please make sure you use a toothpick to pierce the yolk before cooking or it will explode!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the water and white vinegar to a 6 ounce custard cup.
- 2Break egg into cup, pierce egg yolk with toothpick, and cover dish loosely with plastic wrap.
- 3Place in microwave and cook for 1 minute or until desired doneness.
- 4You may need to experiment with cooking times based on the wattage of your microwave and taste preference.
- 5Immediately remove egg from hot water with a slotted spoon as it will continue to cook.
- 6Serve with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Poached Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.6
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 73.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g