Quick chicken with leeks, mushrooms and artichoke hearts. Good source of niacin & iron.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing (I like Kraft's Tuscan House Italian)
- 1 small leek, sliced (fan layers under cold running water to wash away the sand)
- 2 ounces mushrooms, cut in half
- 4 1/2 ounces frozen artichoke hearts (thawed)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1In a 9x9-inch casserole dish mix together butter, dressing, leeks, mushrooms, artichoke, and garlic, and cook on High for 3 minutes or until vegetables are softened, stirring twice.
- 2Stir broth into vegetable mixture, and arrange chicken on top with thicker end toward the outside of the dish.
- 3Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook covered on High for 5-6 minutes, turning chicken over halfway through cooking.
- 5Poke chicken with a fork to test for doneness (done when juices run clear).
- 6With slotted spatula, carefully remove chicken to warmed serving platter, and let stand covered while finishing sauce.
- 7Dissolve cornstarch in water, and pour into baking dish with vegetables.
- 8Stir until well mixed, then cook on High 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10To serve spoon vegetables and sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Poached Chicken With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 152.1 mg
- Sodium 669.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 59.1 g