Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick chicken with leeks, mushrooms and artichoke hearts. Good source of niacin & iron.
Make and share this Microwave Poached Chicken With Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing (I like Kraft's Tuscan House Italian)
- 1 small leek, sliced (fan layers under cold running water to wash away the sand)
- 2 ounces mushrooms, cut in half
- 4 1⁄2 ounces frozen artichoke hearts (thawed)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a 9x9-inch casserole dish mix together butter, dressing, leeks, mushrooms, artichoke, and garlic, and cook on High for 3 minutes or until vegetables are softened, stirring twice.
- Stir broth into vegetable mixture, and arrange chicken on top with thicker end toward the outside of the dish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook covered on High for 5-6 minutes, turning chicken over halfway through cooking.
- Poke chicken with a fork to test for doneness (done when juices run clear).
- With slotted spatula, carefully remove chicken to warmed serving platter, and let stand covered while finishing sauce.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water, and pour into baking dish with vegetables.
- Stir until well mixed, then cook on High 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve spoon vegetables and sauce over chicken.