Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Going back 17 years when I was a newly wed - we didn't have the money to fix our broken oven so I made most of our meals in the microwave . This was one of our favourites.
- 4 shoulder lamb chops (500grams approx trim excess fat)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 1 small carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup stock (from a stock cube is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup plum jam
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place flour, herbs & chops in a freezer bag & shake until lamb chops are coated with the seasoned flour.
- In a casserole dish - place oil, onion, celery and carrot & mix to coat.
- Microwave for 3 minutes on HIGH.
- Remove chops from freezer bag and place on top of the vegetable mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the jam , sauces, & stock.
- Pour over the chops.
- Cover & cook on MEDIUM for 10 minutes turning chops after the 1st 5 minutes. (power level 6 on my microwave).
- Then reduce to DEFROST and cook for 25 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 5 Minutes.
- Serve with mixed veg.