Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Smooth and sweet. Luscious on toast or pancakes. Inspired as a filling for cookies and tarts. Makes wonderful gifts. This recipe makes 2 1/2 cups, try and taste.
- Place sugar, lemon juice and plums in a deep 8 cup microwavable container (I use a pyrex measure).
- Microwave, uncovered on High for 2 1/2 minutes, stir. REPEAT twice more.
- Microwave, uncovered, on High 15 - 18 minutes, STIRRING every 4 minutes until it will form a gel.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars. Wipe rims, remove any air bubbles, add hot lids and rings.
- Process 5 minutes in boiling water bath.
Like all jam recipes, this one boils furiously and produces lots of foam at its peak cooking temp. The cook is well-advised to put a drip bowl under the pyrex bowl's spout, so that the jam doesn't boil up and over the sides, all over the microwave oven. I had to cook it for the full 18 minutes, and even then, it's a little thin. Otherwise, works well.