My mother visited us in March and we wanted to do playdough for my son. But we wanted a recipe made in the microwave. I found this one on this site : http://www.canadianparents.com It's really easy to do.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add oil, water and food colouring.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients thoroughly together.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Let cool and knead.
- Store in airtight container after cooled and when not in use.
Wow great recipe for playdough!! I love this microwave method. So much easier than on the stovetop, and less mess too. Thank you so much!
Nothing quite like warm play dough, I love making this stuff. Even though the recipe tells you to, I'm glad the other reviewers emphasized the importance of stirring every 30 seconds...it's a must. Never made a nuked version before, doesn't get much easier!
Boomie - this is a great idea and craft project to make with my grandson! It took just 3 minutes in my microwave and that stirring process if most important. It is so easy to do that making many colors is not an issue at all. Keeping it in zippered baggies and it is still soft 3 days later. :)