Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
My mother visited us in March and we wanted to do playdough for my son. But we wanted a recipe made in the microwave. I found this one on this site : http://www.canadianparents.com It's really easy to do.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- food coloring
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add oil, water and food colouring.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients thoroughly together.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Let cool and knead.
- Store in airtight container after cooled and when not in use.
I love this rrecipe, I did this today with my 2 year old nephew and the prep took a little longer but everything dose when you have a 2 year-old in tow :) we put chocolate powder in it instead of food colouring worked a treat we also used hot water it cooked a lot quicker. Well definitely be my go to guide for play dough
Wow great recipe for playdough!! I love this microwave method. So much easier than on the stovetop, and less mess too. Thank you so much!
Nothing quite like warm play dough, I love making this stuff. Even though the recipe tells you to, I'm glad the other reviewers emphasized the importance of stirring every 30 seconds...it's a must. Never made a nuked version before, doesn't get much easier!