Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) cansliced pineapple
- 6 -10 maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- whipped cream
- Put butter and sugar in 8 inch round micro proof baking dish.
- Cook on simmer LO for 2 minutes, or until butter is melted.
- Stir and spread evenly in bottom of dish.
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- Arrange pineapple slices atop brown sugar and butter mixture.
- Dot with cherries.
- Prepare packaged cake mix according to directions, reducing required liquid by one tablespoon.
- Substitute 1/3 cup pineapple juice for part of liquid.
- Pour batter carefully into baking dish.
- Cook on simmer LO for 4 minutes.
- Rotate dish 1/4 turn.
- Cook on simmer LO for 3 minutes.
- Rotate dish 1/4 again.
- Cook on HI for 1 to 2 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Serve warm or cold, topped with whipped cream.