Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Found this in a Quick Cooking magazine. Easy & tasty.
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinley sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash dried parsley flakes
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine all ingredients.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 2 minutes.
- Microvave another 2 minutes Stir.
- Microwave covered for 3 minutes longer, or until mixture is bubbly& cucumber& onion are crisp tender.
- Cover& refrigerate for at least 3 hrs.
- stir& serve with a slotted spoon.
Wonderful flavor, crisp pickle, and so fast to make. I added 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes for some kick. We can't stop eating them! I used my mandolin but will cut them by hand next time so they are a little thicker. Thank you for sharing!
With this recipe it is very easy to whip up a batch of bread and butter pickles that rivals the ones sold in the store and these are fresh! I did use my mandolin for uniform slices and used an English cucumber. Thanks for posting Katha.
Best bread & butter pickles i have eaten since my grandmother passed away. If i could give you a higher score, I would. thank you