Prep 2 mins
Cook 13 mins
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecans, broken up
- Mix Brown sugar and whipping cream in 2 qt microwave bowl.
- Place in Microwave on High for exactly 13 minutes.
- Remove and add butter vanilla and nuts.
- mix for about 1 more minute.
- Using tablespoon place on wax paper until cool.
- Walnuts can be used also.
mine didn't thicken up enough and i followed the recipe exactly.in the end i had to finished it off on the stove.wont do it in the microwave again!!!!!!!
I have made these ever since I came back from New Orleans 3 years ago. Making them in the microwave is so easy. I do mine for 9 minutes and stir in the middle of microwaving. These are wonderful and addicting (warning). I make them to take places and they always disappear. Enjoy!!