Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
--Adopted Recipe-- Microwave times assume 700 watt microwave.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pecan pie pastry shell (I recommend Pecan Pie Pastry)
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves
- In a small nonmetal bowl microwave butter, uncovered, on 100% power for 20 to 30 seconds or till melted.
- Stir in the beaten egg, corn syrup, sugar, and flour.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 50% power for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or till slightly thickened, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Turn into pecan pie pastry. Arrange pecan halves atop pie.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 30% power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or just till set, rotating the dish a quarter-turn every minute.
- Cool before serving.