Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
This easy, quick delicious dessert is prepared in the microwave. The crumb topping does not get brown during cooking. Therefore, to achieve a "baked" appearance, I have added cinnamon and granola. I haven't tried, but I bet this would also be good with apples!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 5 pears, pared, cored and sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal
- Combine the 2 TB sugar, flour, cinnamon and lemon rind; toss with pears. Pour pear mixture into 8-inch square microwavable dish. Cover with wax paper.
- Microwave at HIGH power for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Blend cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, egg, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Pour evenly over pears. Sprinkle top with granola. Cover with wax paper.
- Microwave at MEDIUM-HIGH power for 3 to 4 minutes or until pears are tender, rotating 1/4 turn after 2 minutes.
Ok finally got around to doing the last of my PAC recipes this weekend. This is a fantastic and easy recipe. I had the oven going so it was good dessert was in the micro. I will make this again for sure!!! Loved it. I used kasi granols for this one :)