Recipe by Monique in LA
This is a recipe my mother used. It is something we made for holiday dinners each year. It's very sweet, but always disappears. Serving size depends on just how much of a sugar rush you want per piece!
Top Review by Buzzybeej
Was looking for a recipe to use up some marshmallows. I thought the texture of this recipe was a little weird, more like a nougat than a creamy fudge. I still liked the flavor but felt that there was too much sugary sweetness and not enough peanut butter. After trying a bite, I melted some semi-sweet chocolate chips and spread over the top. Made for a pretty good tasting candy, but not quite fudge.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 0.5 (10 1/4 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and cocoa in a microwave safe 2 quart dish or measuring cup.
- Add the evaporated milk and butter.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add mini marshmallows, vanilla extract, and peanut butter.
- Stir briskly until well blended.
- Pour into an 8x8 pan or a 10x6 pan that has been buttered.
- Let the fudge cool and cut into squares.