Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
For those peanut butteraholics out there...
- 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry jam or 2⁄3 cup preserves (not jelly)
- Combine margarine, peanut butter, sugars and egg.
- Then add flour and beat until crumbly.
- Reserve one cup of the crumbs.
- Press remaining crumbs into an 8" square glass dish.
- Place on inverted plate in microwave.
- Cook at medium 6 1/2 minutes or until base looks dry.
- Spread jam to base within 1/2" of edge.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Cook on medium 6-7 minutes.
- Makes 16 bars.
These bars were very simple to make and they looked yummy once they were done but they just tasted awful. Perhaps it has to do with being cooked in the microwave instead of the oven.
These a great EASY bars! I loved the peanut butter and jam combo. I did decrease the margarine in half which worked fine. I also decreased both sugars by half as I figured the jam was so sweet that the base didn't need much sugar. I was right- to my taste they were sweetened perfectly like this. These are great to make when you are looking for a sweet treat but it is too hot to bake. Thanks!!