Recipe by Carolyn's Cupboard
This is a great way to make peanut brittle. It is not too hard, and is more the texture of crackers. (Easier on the teeth!)
Top Review by Diana #2
I've been making this exact recipe (found in a Pillsbury Christmas pamphlet) for about 15 years now, and it has never failed me. Hint: I put parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and keep them warm in the oven while I'm making the candy. This helps the brittle to spread thinner and more even. Update: This time I rolled the brittle between two sheets of parchment paper. This gave a very even brittle, as you can see in the picture. I'm not sure which way I like best, but it sure does taste *fantastic*.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup light syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and syrup; cook on high temperature for 4 minutes in microwave.
- Stir in peanuts with a wooden spoon. Cook on high temperature for 4 minutes more.
- Stir in butter and vanilla, and cook 2 minutes on high.
- Take out of oven, and add soda. Stir until mixed well. Work quickly!
- Pour on buttered cookie sheet. Spread as thin as possible.
- Cool before breaking into pieces.