Recipe by mary winecoff
This recipe is from the book "Small Batch Canning" by Topp and Howard. I haven't made this yet but the peaches are starting to hit the farmer's market and it looked simple and easy.
Top Review by Morgan P.
Love this recipe! super easy and delish. Agree with consistancy and how I corrected it is to continue to microwave longer at 2-3 minutes intervals stirring and checking gel until it is correct. can be anywhere from extra 3-9 minutes based on microwave watts and humidity factors
- 709.77 ml peaches, peeled and chopped
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml orange liqueur (or frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peaches and sugar in a deep 8 cup microwavable container.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Microwave, uncovered, on High (100%) for 7 minutes, stirring twice.
- Microwave uncovered, on High for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture will form a gel, stirring every 4 minutes.
- Stir in liqueur.
- Ladle into sterilized jars and process 5 minutes in boiling water.