Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the book "Small Batch Canning" by Topp and Howard. I haven't made this yet but the peaches are starting to hit the farmer's market and it looked simple and easy.
- 709.77 ml peaches, peeled and chopped
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml orange liqueur (or frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed)
- Place peaches and sugar in a deep 8 cup microwavable container.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Microwave, uncovered, on High (100%) for 7 minutes, stirring twice.
- Microwave uncovered, on High for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture will form a gel, stirring every 4 minutes.
- Stir in liqueur.
- Ladle into sterilized jars and process 5 minutes in boiling water.
Love this recipe! super easy and delish. Agree with consistancy and how I corrected it is to continue to microwave longer at 2-3 minutes intervals stirring and checking gel until it is correct. can be anywhere from extra 3-9 minutes based on microwave watts and humidity factors
The flavor in this was AWESOME, so sweet and bright peach flavor, yum! The ONLY reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because of the consistency. Mine turned out more like a syrup or preserves than a jam and I tend to use it more on ice cream, pancakes, or waffles. This was also one of my first adventures into canning since I helped my mum make strawberry jam when I was 7 so I'm certainly going to try it again and maybe I'll be able to achieve a better texture.