1/1 Photo of Microwave Peach & Apricot Bread Pudding
Great Dessert that can be made fairly quickly with minimal ingredients. Tastes Great and is Low in Fat and added sugar! The leftovers are great cold for breakfast
My Private Note
Large C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut 6 slices of bread into squares approx.
- 21 inch x 1 inch.
- 3Place in large casserole dish, with sultanas.
- 4Using a can opener, open fruit can approx 1 cm on either side of lid.
- 5Drain liquid into jug.
- 6Open rest of can.
- 7Roughly chop fruit while in can and add to the bread.
- 8Toss through.
- 9Pour a little of the juice over bread to slightly moisten.
- 10Cut remaining 2 slices of bread into quarters, spread with jam.
- 11Place over top of mixture.
- 12Beat Eggs, add milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- 13Pour over bread mixture making sure every piece of bread is moistenned.
- 14Stand for 5 minutes, or until bread is quite moist.
- 15Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 16Microwave on Medium-High for 12 minutes.
- 17Stand for 5 minutes.
- 18Microwave on High for 5 minutes.
- 19Stand for 5 minutes.
- 20Microwave on Medium High for 10 minutes.
- 21Stand until cool enough to serve.
- 22Tip- Is nice served cold for breakfast with a little evaporated skim milk, or low-fat yoghurt.
- 23Variations- If not sweet enough for you try drizzling honey, maple syrup, or caramel topping.
- 24Or when making, substitute skim milk and sugar for large can (440ml) of evaporated skim milk.
- 25You could also try using slice stale sponge rolletes, and old sponge cake, raisin or fruit bread in place of plain bread.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Peach & Apricot Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.9
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 187.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g