Recipe by Boca Pat
A friend of mine gave me a few bags of oranges from her tree, so I went on a hunt for recipes using oranges and this is one of them. It's so simple and it's really good.
- 2 large oranges, washed,quartered,seeded,skin left on (navels are preferred)
- 425.24 g can crushed pineapple, drained (need some vitamin C...drink the juice, you won't be needing it)
- 946.36 ml sugar (I used 2 cups sugar/2 cups splenda)
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- Put quartered oranges into food processor that is fitted with a metal blade and process until ground.
- In micro safe 2 1/2 qt dish, combine oranges, pineapple, sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir and mix it well.
- Micro on high for 10 minutes or until it boils, stirring half way thru.
- Continue to micro on high for another 3 minutes.
- Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Can be kept in refrigerator for up to a month and can be frozen for up to 6 months.