Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend of mine gave me a few bags of oranges from her tree, so I went on a hunt for recipes using oranges and this is one of them. It's so simple and it's really good.
- 2 large oranges, washed,quartered,seeded,skin left on (navels are preferred)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (need some vitamin C...drink the juice, you won't be needing it)
- 4 cups sugar (I used 2 cups sugar/2 cups splenda)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Put quartered oranges into food processor that is fitted with a metal blade and process until ground.
- In micro safe 2 1/2 qt dish, combine oranges, pineapple, sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir and mix it well.
- Micro on high for 10 minutes or until it boils, stirring half way thru.
- Continue to micro on high for another 3 minutes.
- Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Can be kept in refrigerator for up to a month and can be frozen for up to 6 months.
Took a long time to microwave, but at least that makes it 'easy' to make. I cut the recipe in half, and for a first time making marmalade it turned out well.
Okay, here is what I did. I didn't have any crushed pineapple but I did have a 15 oz. can of pineapple chunks. So...I took my navel oranges, took my drained pineapple chunks and threw them into my food processor. After they were ground I only placed 2 cups of sugar, the lemon juice and the pulp into my dish and followed the instructions. Excellent product! Will make again and again. Thanks for a great recipe