Recipe by Mirj
This comes out very creamy and very orangey.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
Very yummy and VERY easy to make! I used about 5 whole graham crackers for the crust and ground them in the blender. I used margarine, light cream cheese and light sour cream and it still turned out great! I used 1 1/2 small oranges for the juice. I did not use the marmalade, as I thought it would be too much for the kids. I think my pan was 8" and it took 12 minutes on 50% power (is that medium?) The only thing was that it was pretty short (thin), unlike a regular cheesecake, so I wonder if making 1 1/2 times the filling and compensating during microwaving would fill the pan up more. Had a hard time not eating the whole thing! :)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2⁄3 cup finely crushed graham cracker
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust, in a 7 inch glass pie plate cook butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 45-60 seconds or till melted.
- Add crushed graham crackers and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Stir till all is moistened.
- Press mixture firmly against bottom and sides of pie plate.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till set, giving pie plate a half-turn after 30 seconds.
- Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl cook cream cheese, uncovered, on 50% power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till softened.
- Stir in beaten egg, 1/3 cup sugar and sour cream until mixture is smooth.
- Add orange peel, orange juice and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into crust.
- Cook, uncovered, on medium for 8-10 minutes or till a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge come out clean, giving pie plate a quarter turn every 2 minutes.
- (Center will be slightly set but not firm).
- Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, cook orange marmalade on 100% power for 30-60 seconds or till warm.
- Spoon over the top of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or till set.