Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a Microwave cookbook. Top with Brown Butter Frosting
Make and share this Microwave Oatmeal Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablesoons water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Combine oats and boiling water, set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except graham cracker crumbs,in a mixing bowl.
- Mix at low speed until blended, then beat at medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Put oats in mixture and mix for about 20 seconds.
- Grease 8x8 glass square cake pan.
- Coat with grahan cracker crumbs.
- spread in batter.
- Microwave at 50% power for 5 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn every 3 minutes.
- Increase power to High.
- Microwave 2 to 6 minutes, or until done.
- The top of the cake should have alittle batter that seems like it is not cooked.
- Let stand on counter for 5 to 10 minutes.