1/3 Photos of Microwave Nut Brittle
This is a really simple way of making nut brittle, without using a candy thermometer or doing any of the stage tests. A trick that I use is to line the cookie sheet with parchment paper so there's no sticky stuff to pry off and then wash up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray cookie sheet and metal spatula with the cooking spray.
- 2In a 2-quart microwavable glass measuring cup or bowl stir sugar, corn syrup and salt with a wooden spoon until mixed.
- 3Microwave on High (100%) 7 to 8 minutes or until syrup is pale yellow.
- 4(CANDY SYRUP IS VERY HOT. HANDLE CAREFULLY; DO NOT TOUCH HOT MIXTURE.) Stir in nuts.
- 5Microwave 1 to 2 minutes or until nuts are lightly browned.
- 6Immediately stir in margarine, vanilla and baking soda until foamy.
- 7Quickly pour onto prepared cookie sheet; spread evenly with spatula.
- 8Cool; break into pieces.
- 9Store in tightly covered container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Nut Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 279.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g