Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Milk Website. Looks easy and delish!!
Make and share this Microwave Mushroom & Cheese Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice or 1 cup italian-style rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup additional broth
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Place butter in 9-inch square glass baking dish. On HIGH: Melt butter. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Stir to coat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken broth and wine (if used). Cook uncovered, until rice is tender (about 20 to 30 minutes). Stir once halfway through cooking. If rice isn't moist enough, add more broth towards the end.
- Remove from microwave. Stir in Cheddar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley if desired.
I wish I didn't use as much cheese, but I enjoyed this so much!
This was really good! Made without onions (out) but that was only change. Time was 13 minutes, stir, 11 minutes, stir and add liquid, 1 minute. Lovely! Will make again. Thanks.
This was so yummy! I made this for DH b/c he loves mushrooms. No mushrooms for me! I had to add more chicken broth and the cook time leaned more to 30 minutes. I did add in some 1/2 and 1/2 at the end to make it a little creamier. The mushrooms did not overpower the risotto. I feel with mushrooms they take over the flavor but not in this dish.