1/1 Photo of Microwave Mississippi Mud Brownies
I have been using this recipe for years!! I found it in the newspaper, and believe me everyone loves it!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1Place butter in a 2 qt bowl; microwave on High 1 min or until butter melts.
- 2Stir in sugar and eggs; set aside.
- 3Combine flour, salt& cocoa; stir well.
- 4Combine with egg mixture.
- 5Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- 6Spread batter in a glass 8" square dish sprayed with Pam.
- 7Shield corners with triangles of aluminum foil, keeping foil smooth and close to dish.
- 8Place dish atop a micro safe ceral bowl inverted in the oven.
- 9Microwave at Medium 6- 7 mins, turning dish one half turn after 3 mins.
- 10Remove shields; microwave on High 2-3 mins or until top is almost dry.
- 11Remove from oven to cool Sprinkle marshmallows over brownies; cover with aluminum foil.
- 12Let stand 2 mins.
- 13Remove foil.
- 14Spread with frosting; cool completely on rack and cut into squares.
- 15Chocolate Frosting: Combine butter and milk and microwave on High 1 1/2- 2 mins.
- 16or until butter melts.
- 17Stir in cocoa and vanilla.
- 18Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at medium with electric mixer until smooth.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Mississippi Mud Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.7 mg
- Sodium 93.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g