Recipe by Ms B.
A coworker shared this recipe with me several years ago. It is a quick and easy meal for busy nights. I have added seasonings to the beef and bean mixture, used Mexican blend cheese, and served with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and diced onions.
Top Review by Diana in KS
This has a great taste and my husband said "the perfect amount of kick". The only problem I had was with making sure the noddles were cooking. I did add some additional taco sauce and cook another 10 mins on 50% to let them cook a little longer. I think next time I will precook the noodles following the instructions for making plain old manicotti in the microwave.
- 1⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups refried beans
- 6 manicotti, uncooked
- 6 ounces taco sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine (uncooked) ground beef with refried beans.
- Stuff manicotti shells with ground beef/bean mixture and place in a medium casserole dish.
- Combine taco sauce and water.
- Pour over filled shells.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Cook on High for 10 minutes.
- Turn shells over.
- Cook 17 minutes at 70% power with wrap vented.
- Remove wrap; sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and black olives.