Recipe by Wendy-Bob
From Phil Vickery's Proof of the Pudding. These are a little sweeter than regular meringues and are not especially pretty, but are fine for using in recipes where they get crushed up. Not yet tried.
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly beat the egg with a fork and gradually mix in enough icing sugar to make a stiff dough. The dough needs to be pliable but not sticky.
- Mould into small balls the size of a walnut.
- Cover a large microwaveable plate with a circle of baking parchment.
- Arrange four of the meringue balls on top of the parchment, placing them a good distance apart from one another.
- Cook on high power (700w) for about 1 - 1.5 mins or until the meringues are puffed up and firm.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Allow to cool.