Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't knock it till' you've tried it. It's quick, easy, and actually quite good.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 soda crackers, crushed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3⁄4 tablespoon Italian parsley, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Combine all ingredients except ketchup in a large mixing bowl. Gotta use your hands for this. It's messy, but it makes a difference.
- Pack lightly into a 9 inch glass (Pyrex) pie dish with an upside down pilsner glass in the center (making a ring dish).
- Microwave on high for about 6 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn halfway thorugh the cooking.
- Drizzle ketchup over the top.
- Microwavve on high again for about 5 minutes longer, rotating 1/4 turn halfway though the cooking.
- Remove the glass, and baste off the drippings.