Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My uncle used to make this meatloaf -- often for church potluck dinners. It is a tasty meatloaf, easy to prepare, and doesn't heat up your kitchen.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cracker crumb, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix together beef, cracker crumbs, egg and salt and pepper.
- Mix together the topping ingredients.
- Add about 2/3 of the tomato topping mixture to the meat mixture and mix well.
- Place in a baking dish and pour remaining tomato sauce over the top. Microwave for 25-30 minutes at 70%. Remove and cover with foil about 10 minutes before serving.