Recipe by dividend
Don't knock it 'till you try it.
Top Review by Jug O'Mud
Meatloaf and microwaves? I could've sworn that combo wouldn't have worked. Well, I was wrong. This turned out great! We've made this recipe twice now, because it has been too hot to use the oven. The 1st time w/ground turkey, & the 2nd time w/lean ground beef. The turkey produced much less grease & produced a very dense loaf, compared to the beef version. Overall, yummy either way, but my family prefers the turkey version better (& we are big beef eaters!) While I don't think this recipe will ever replace my favorite oven-baked variety, I would not hesitate to serve this to my family on any given night. Especially great for evenings when you are in a rush. Meatloaf: fridge to table in under 30 minutes and tastes good w/out heating up the house...a definite 5 stars! Thanks, dividend!
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking rolled oats
- 14.79 ml instant minced onion
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 78.07 ml catsup
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the meatloaf ingredients.
- Pat into a microwave safe loaf pan.
- Cook for 7 minutes on full power in the microwave. Blot the grease.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients, and spread over the top of the loaf.
- Microwave on high another 5 minutes.