Recipe by dividend
Don't knock it 'till you try it.
Top Review by Jug O'Mud
Meatloaf and microwaves? I could've sworn that combo wouldn't have worked. Well, I was wrong. This turned out great! We've made this recipe twice now, because it has been too hot to use the oven. The 1st time w/ground turkey, & the 2nd time w/lean ground beef. The turkey produced much less grease & produced a very dense loaf, compared to the beef version. Overall, yummy either way, but my family prefers the turkey version better (& we are big beef eaters!) While I don't think this recipe will ever replace my favorite oven-baked variety, I would not hesitate to serve this to my family on any given night. Especially great for evenings when you are in a rush. Meatloaf: fridge to table in under 30 minutes and tastes good w/out heating up the house...a definite 5 stars! Thanks, dividend!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the meatloaf ingredients.
- Pat into a microwave safe loaf pan.
- Cook for 7 minutes on full power in the microwave. Blot the grease.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients, and spread over the top of the loaf.
- Microwave on high another 5 minutes.