- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse peeled and quartered potatoes.
- Arrange potatoes in medium glass bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Cook at HIGH for 9 to 10-1/2 minutes; stir once. You can set your kitchen timer for a reminder to stir. Potatoes should be tender.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- During this 5 minute standing time, combine milk, butter, salt and pepper in a large glass bowl or 8-cup glass pyrex measuring cup.
- Cook milk mixture at MEDIUM for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- Drain potatoes.
- Add potatoes to the hot milk mixture; mash until smooth.