1/6 Photos of Microwave Mashed Potatoes
A quick and easy microwave recipe for mashed potatoes. This is a great way to make mashed potatoes without heating up the kitchen when it is hot outside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse peeled and quartered potatoes.
- 2Arrange potatoes in medium glass bowl.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap.
- 4Cook at HIGH for 9 to 10-1/2 minutes; stir once. You can set your kitchen timer for a reminder to stir. Potatoes should be tender.
- 5Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 6During this 5 minute standing time, combine milk, butter, salt and pepper in a large glass bowl or 8-cup glass pyrex measuring cup.
- 7Cook milk mixture at MEDIUM for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- 8Drain potatoes.
- 9Add potatoes to the hot milk mixture; mash until smooth.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 135.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.5 g