A quick and easy microwave recipe for mashed potatoes. This is a great way to make mashed potatoes without heating up the kitchen when it is hot outside.
- Rinse peeled and quartered potatoes.
- Arrange potatoes in medium glass bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Cook at HIGH for 9 to 10-1/2 minutes; stir once. You can set your kitchen timer for a reminder to stir. Potatoes should be tender.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- During this 5 minute standing time, combine milk, butter, salt and pepper in a large glass bowl or 8-cup glass pyrex measuring cup.
- Cook milk mixture at MEDIUM for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- Drain potatoes.
- Add potatoes to the hot milk mixture; mash until smooth.
It came out perfect. Later I added some parsley and cheese and used it as stuffing for pierogies.
It's the easiest way to do mashed potatoes. It was perfect. Thanks foodtvfan :) Made for the best of 2011 tag game
Tasty, quick, easy technique. Hand mashed them as my casserole container was too shallow for a mixer-would have had flying mashed potatoes instead. I like that these did not have sour cream or cream cheese in them. Thanks for sharing.