This is the final recipe I am entering from the *Microwave* cookbook of the Australian Womens Weekly cookbook series & it's such a unique idea. The recipe is shown as written, but the writers noted that variations are endless as you cater to pers pref of your family. It is meant to be a kid-pleaser & family-friendly recipe & IMO would make a fun weekend cooking nite as ea family member designs their own individual crustless pizza. Times shown include ingredient prep & cooking the pizzas in 2 batches. *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork (as lean as you can get & may sub beef)
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 12 grape tomatoes (sliced)
- 12 black olives (sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sml size, chopped)
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine 1st 7 ingredients (grd pork thru soy sauce). Mix well & press into 6 microwave-safe dishes (see note below Re dish sizes).
- 2Mix tomato paste w/sugar + dried basil & spread evenly over meat mixture in ea of the 6 dishes.
- 3Divide sliced mushrooms, tomatoes & olives + chopped green pepper among ea soon-to-be pizza.
- 4Cook 3 pizzas at a time on MED-HIGH for 3 minutes. During this time, divide cheeses into 2 batches, ea with 1/3 cup mozzarella & 1 1/2 tbsp parmesan.
- 5At the end of the 3 min, rotate dishes & evenly distribute 1 batch of the cheeses over the 3 dishes. Cook another 3 minutes on MED-HIGH or till grd meat is fully cooked & cheeses are melted.
- 6Repeat cooking process for the 3 remaining pizzas & drain off any oil or juices from all pizzas b4 serving.
- 7NOTE RE DISH SIZE: The size of your microwave may be relevant here, but I used 5 1/2 in shallow glass bowls when I made these. Oval-shaped individual gratin dishes would work & the writers also mentioned deep saucers up to 6 1/2 in in diameter.
- 8SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve w/a family favorite salad + garlic bread, breadsticks or even halved & toasted pita pockets spread w/garlic butter. Letting the family vote on this might be another fun option. :-).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Magic No Crust Individual Pork (Or Beef) Pizzas
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.0
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 636.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 27.3 g