Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
i adapted this from a recipe by swan valley tammi - and it really is the best cream pie ever, my adaptations will be in ( ) in the preparation notes.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or 1/3 c sugar and 1/8 teas pure stevia powder)
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, i use eggs or 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, pre baked (i use oreo crust with the chocolate variation)
- in microwaveable bowl, mix sugar, flour, and salt. in a separate bowl whisk milk and eggs or egg whites. add to dry ingredients.
- microwave on high 2 minutes and stir.
- return to microwave for 1 minute intervals, stirring in between, until custard starts to cook. there will be a ring of cooked custard around the edges, i usually stop cooking when the ring is 1-2 inches (do not overcook or it will be lumpy when you try to stir it.
- remove from micro wave and add butter and vanilla. cool slightly and pour into pie crust.
- chocolate variation: add 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips with the vanilla and stir until evenly melted. pour into crust.
- banana variation: slice 2-3 bananas into bottom of pie crust, before pouring filling over, garnish with more bananas on top.