Fast fix up makes broccoli not the same old same old! My teens love this and will only eat broccoli like this or smothered in cheese- this is healthier! I created this recipe after the broccoli served at my fave Chinese place. The variety of ingredients apply to many regional cuisines such as Italian, Asian and SW.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets or 2 heads fresh broccoli, cleaned and cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, bottled is fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to your liking
- Microwave broccoli and water in covered bowl on high for 6 minutes or til crisp tender.
- While it is cooking mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Drain cooked broccoli.
- Pour lemon garlic mixture over broccoli and mix to coat.
- If using fresh garlic cover the dish and let sit for about 2 minutes to allow heat from broccoli to "cook" and remove the raw taste from the garlic.
- If using garlic powder you are ready to serve.