1/22 Photos of Microwave Lemon Garlic Broccoli
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Fast fix up makes broccoli not the same old same old! My teens love this and will only eat broccoli like this or smothered in cheese- this is healthier! I created this recipe after the broccoli served at my fave Chinese place. The variety of ingredients apply to many regional cuisines such as Italian, Asian and SW.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets or 2 heads fresh broccoli, cleaned and cut into florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, bottled is fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to your liking
- 1Microwave broccoli and water in covered bowl on high for 6 minutes or til crisp tender.
- 2While it is cooking mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- 3Drain cooked broccoli.
- 4Pour lemon garlic mixture over broccoli and mix to coat.
- 5If using fresh garlic cover the dish and let sit for about 2 minutes to allow heat from broccoli to "cook" and remove the raw taste from the garlic.
- 6If using garlic powder you are ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Lemon Garlic Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 303.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g