Deb Wolf's Note:
Reliable, fast method resulting in perfectly tart lemon curd. Delightful spread on toast or scones or use for filling baked goods. Be careful not to boil or overcook or it may separate. You can substitute limes, tangerines, oranges or unsweetened cranberry juice. See instructions below on how to can.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash lemons, rinse well and dry. Finely grate the thin yellow rind of the lemons. Be careful not to get any of the white pith, it is very bitter.
- 2Microwave the lemons on high for 20 seconds. Cut in half and ream out the juice. Strain out the seeds and any pulp. Measure the juice - you'll need 1/2 cup.
- 3Put the 1/2 cup juice, grated rind, butter and sugar into a microwaveable 4 cup container (I use a pyrex measure). Stir to wet the sugar.
- 4Microwave 1 1/2 - 2 minutes on High or until butter is melted and mixture is hot. Stir.
- 5Beat eggs with an electric mixer. With mixer running, gradually add the hot lemon mixture. Return the mixture to the microwaveable container.
- 6Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 - 2 minutes, STIRRING every 30 seconds, until it will coat the back of a metal spoon and a line drawn through the mixture coating the back of the spoon does not fill inches The curd will thicken more when it cools. DO NOT ALLOW IT TO BOIL.
- 7Pour into a tightly sealed container. REFRIGERATE and use within 2 weeks.
- 8For canning: Pour hot into hot sterilized canning jars, leaving 1 inch headspace. Wipe rims, top with hot lids, add rings and adjust. PRESSURE CAN half pints 10 minutes at 10 lbs. pressure. Allow pressure to reduce naturally. NOT SAFE FOR WATER BATH CANNING.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Lemon Curd (With Canning Instructions)
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 26
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.8
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g