1/1 Photo of Microwave Leche Quemada
A quick & easy recipe for one of my favorite Mexican candies. It tastes almost as good as the kind that is boiled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter an 8 x 8 square dish and set aside.
- 2Place pecans on a baking sheet in a single layer and toast in oven on 350 degrees for about 2 minutes, just until they start to brown slightly.
- 3Set pecans aside.
- 4Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute or until melted.
- 5Stir in brown sugar and condensed milk.
- 6Return to microwave and cook on high for 7 0r 8 minutes, stopping every 2 minutes to stir the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- 7When 7 0r 8 minutes cooking time is up, take the mixture out on the microwave and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts to thicken and lose it's glossy appearance.
- 8Add vanilla and pecans to mixture and stir.
- 9Pour mixture into the greased dish and allow to cool completely.
- 10Slice into 1" squares and serve.
- 11*Note - You can leave the pecans out completely or not put them into the candy mixture and instead add toasted pecan halves to the top of each square of candy before it cools.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Leche Quemada
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.9 mg
- Sodium 44.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g