Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Plan ahead this dip needs at least 1 hour chilling time before microwaving, so mix up well in advance and pop in the microwave when ready to serve, adjust the jalapeño to suit heat level or you may omit completely. This is *very* good.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup finely chopped pepperoni (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped black olives (or to taste)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese with garlic, oregano and basil until well combined.
- Spread the mixture onto a microwave-safe glass 9 or 10-inch pie plate or a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture, then 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spread all the pizza sauce over.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Top with jalapeño pepper, green bell pepper, pepperoni then olives.
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour or more.
- Cover with waxed pepper and microwave for 5-6 minutes, then sprinkle green onions over top before serving if desired.
We served this at a football potluck hosted at our house. We should have made 2 or 3 times as much. It was gone in 15 minutes. We didn't want to use raw green peppers, so I substituted bottled pepperoncini's. It was really very good.