Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Shortcut to lasagne without a whole herking pan of it. Nice with garlic bread.
- 2 lasagna noodles
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves, divided
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil lasagna noodles until al dente.
- Place ground beef and onion in 1-qt casserole.
- Microwave at High 1 to 3 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink, stirring to break apart after half the time.
- Stir in tomato juice, tomato paste, sugar, salt, oregano, 1/8 taspoon basil and the pepper.
- Microwave meat mixture at High 4 to 7 minutes, or until thickened and flavors blend, stirring twice.
- Remove 1/4 cup ground beef mixture; set aside.
- In small bowl combine cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, garlic and remaining 1/8 teaspoon basil.
- Spread half of the remaining ground beef mixture down the center of each lasagna noodle. Top with half of the cheese mixture.
- Roll up noodles.
- Place rolls seam side down in 14-oz oval casserole.
- Top with reserved meat mixture and sprinkle with remaining tablespoons mozzarella cheese, cover.
- Reduce power to 50%.
- Microwave 4 to 5 minute, or until rolls are heated and cheese melts, rotating dish 1/2 turn after half the time.