Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is quick and easy and actually my husband prefers this one to the traditional. Says it doesn't have that sharp taste.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (approximately 9)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- In a skillet on the stove, brown beef with onion and bell pepper.
- Add water, tomato sauce and spices.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a microwavable dish, layer the noodles (raw), sauce, cottage cheese and mozzarella.
- Repeat twice ending with parmesan.
- Tightly cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
Sorry, but this tasted more like beef stroganoff than lasagna.
I made some small changes, added a chopped stalk of celery and a can of mushrooms to the sauce. Instead of PLAIN tomato sauce I used Pasta Sauce (four cheese flavor) for added seasonings. It took appr. 25 min. in my microwave to cook. I'll make this again.
The amount of tomato sauce (a 2-ounce can?) and the amount of mozzarella (1 ounce?) just does not seem right to me. Also, cooking it on high for 25 to 30 minutes is just waaaay too long unless you're using a very old microwave. The finished product was *very* hard and even though I used a whole 8-oz can of tomato sauce, the sauce was almost non-existent.