1/1 Photo of Microwave Hot Chocolate
I am posting this for kids and anyone else! I haven't tried it but I'm saving it for cooler weather! From the Favorite Brands cookbook. See note at bottom for directions to make 1 cup. This recipe serves 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, cocoa, salt, and hot water in a 1 quart microwave safe measuring cup.
- 2Microwave at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until boiling.
- 3Add milk, stir and microwave an additional 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- 4Stir in vanilla and blend well.
- 5* This serves 4 but for 1 cup, place 2 heaping teaspoons sugar with 1 heaping teaspoons cocoa and a tiny dash of salt in microwave safe mug. Add 2 teaspoons cold milk and stir until smooth. Fill cup more milk and microwave on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until hot. Stir to blend. There is no mention of vanilla here but it may be a typo. I would add a drop!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 98.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g