Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and easy fondue.
Make and share this Microwave Gruyère Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 cups gruyere cheese, shredded (or 1/2 Gruye,re &, 1/2 Swiss or emmenthaler)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as Fendant)
- 1 lb French bread or 1 lb sourdough bread, cut into bite-sized cubes
- Rub the inside of a 2 quart microwave-safe casserole dish with cut clove of garlic; then, combine cheese, flour and seasonings in dish, tossing to mix.
- Mix the mustard with the wine and microwave on High for 1-2 minutes (until hot).
- Stir wine mixture into cheese mixture.
- Microwave uncovered on Medium for 7-9 minutes (until smooth), stirring every 2 minutes.
- Serve with bread.
I found a similar recipe using 2 tbsp. cornstarch instead of flour and 2 tbsp. butter and for the cheese it uses shredded swiss (3 cups). It suggests dipping challah bread cut into 1" cubes into the cheese. Just thought I'd mention it here since these are so similar! Thanks!