Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Excellent microwave recipe - keeps the kitchen cool. Uses fresh green beans!
Make and share this Microwave Green Beans Almondine recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and break the beans into 1 1/2 inch pieces into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Stir the hot water and salt until salt disolves.
- Stir the water into the beans, cover and microwave on high 12-17 minutes, until tender crisp, stirring once halfway through.
- Let stand 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- Mix all the other ingredients into the beans, stirring until the margarine melts.
- Heat on high in microwave till heated through (about 1- 1 1/2 minutes).
This was quite good although I prefer boiling the green beans, draining them, then sauteeing them lightly in the butter and adding the almonds. Liked the hint of nutmeg in this recipe. I will use these ingredients again to make it my way. Thanks, Trisha.
Loved this recipe as I didn't need to use up more of my stove-top. The beans cooked perfectly in the time stated. I used butter in the dressing - a simply great complement to the beans! I also really enjoyed the slight nutmeg flavour. Toast the almonds first for added flavour.