Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Fast and easy side dish made in the microwave.
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder (or less if you are not a big garlic fan like me)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts (optional, toasted)
- Place beans and garlic powder and 1/2 tbs of butter a microwave safe dish and nuke by package directions.
- When done place 1/2 tbs butter in microwave and melt for about 30 seconds.
- Mix butter and breadcumbs together and sprinkle on green beans.
- Top with cheese and pine nuts if using.
Fast, easy, and delicious, just as advertised! Even my 4 and 7 YO DS both at them! Made them with steak and red potatoes with onions. Delicious meal and I didn't have to heat up my kitchen with the wall oven! Thanks for posting!
Delicious! I love cooking veggies in the microwave -- they come out so green and firm. I used the 1/2tb of garlic powder on about 1-1/2lbs of frozen beans and skipped the breadcrumbs because DH is diabetic. But I added a little extra Parmesan to mimic the texture.