Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
this brownie recipe was taken off of fat-free archives- it definitely needs a chocolate sauce or frosting to help keep it moist- when i first attempted this with no sauce it got very dry- but with a chocolate glaze it's very nice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour or 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 3⁄4 cup Sugar Twin or 3⁄4 cup other sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine all dry and sift together.
- Add in wet and mix - batter will be thick.
- Spread evenly into microwaveable dish (not too large a dish).
- Top with chocolate glaze or for super moist brownies- pour chocolate sauce in first.
- Microwave on medium heat for 4-6 minutes until just a few moist spots remain.
- Let stand for 10 minutes on wooden board or heatproof counter top.
I used the oat bran, regular sugar, and fat free sour cream instead of yogurt. I had to add a good amount more than called for because the batter was so thick. Mine cooked 10-12 minutes longer than called for and still looked REALLY sticky on top but was done on the inside. This is dense and not super sweet, but was a nice foil to a thick icing when I needed something relatively quick and that did not heat up my kitchen.