Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
this sounds so yummy & easy!
- Peel, core, and quarter apples.
- Place in 1 quart micro-proof casserole.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Dot with butter. Cover and bake on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir; bake 4 more minutes.
This was AWESOME warm on top of ice cream! And it was SO quick! My boyfriend and I really enjoyed it! THANKS!
I do something very similar to this, but I use no butter, and much much less sugar. Also, I usually make a single serving size in a micro-wave safe cereal bowl. One apple, 1 tsp brown sugar sprinkled over top, and a few sprinkles of cinnamon. Microwave. Stir. Microwave again. I eat it plain, or with yogurt, or on top of waffles or pancakes. Yummm. UPDATE: wanted to add that I really don't peel the apples when I do this...because someone else's comment remarked on the time/inconvenience of peeling the apples. I just don't bother.
really good. Diced the apples before I noticed they should be sliced. Cooked it less but had to add some cornstarch to thicken up the sauce. Totally amazing!