1/1 Photo of Microwave Ginger Plum Jam
mary winecoff's Note:
This quick and easy jam makes only 2 1/2 cups. It makes a wonderful glaze for oven-roasted salmon. 3 cups of plums is about 10-12 plums. This recipe comes from the book Small Batch Preserving by Topp and Howard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place plums and sugar in a deep 8-cup microwavable container.
- 2Stir in lemon juice.
- 3Microwave, uncovered on High for 7 minutes, stirring twice.
- 4Add ginger; microwave, uncovered on High for 15 to 18 minutes or until mixture will form a gel, stirring every 4 minutes.
- 5Ladle into sterilized jars and use the inversion method or water bath for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Ginger Plum Jam
Serving Size: 1 (915 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.3
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 183.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 179.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: